- Unconscious calculations done by Bayesian logic, based on past. Conscious required for ambiguous situations (thus for what we don't know).
- Conscious needed to interpret ambiguous images, simplify perception, hold perception in working memory, hold onto a thought, entertain lasting thoughts, step-by-step thinking, create algorthims, flexible routing of information, making a final decision. Important for learning. Abstracting and condensing information for social sharing.
- Our self is a database developed through social experience (including with oneself-AK).
- We consciously perceive only one object at a time. (Thus notion of "object" is important.)
- The brain predicts and we consciously perceive only differences from what was predicted.