Make a set of cards. Each card will have one of the 10 great Western philosophers one side, and a fact about them on the other side. Given two philosophers, and a fact about one of them, be able to say which philosopher it is true for.
Facts for the game
- What country did they live in?
- What century did they live in?
- What are their favorite concepts?
- What are their great ideas?
- What are great or interesting quotes from their texts?
- What are their greatest books?
- What are interesting facts about them?
Terms to know and relate to the philosophers
- Ancient, Medieval, Modern, Contemporary
- Analytic, Apriorist, Aposteriorist, Aristotelian, Christian, Continental, Existentialist, Platonic, Idealist, Materialist, Skeptic, Empiricist, Rationalist, Mystic
- Aesthetics, Axiology, Epistemology, Ethics, Logic, Metaphysics, Ontology, Phenomenology, Philosophy of religion, Philosophy of science, Political philosophy, Value theory
- Theology, Mathematics, Physics, Pedagogy
- Greek, Latin, English, German
Timeline of great events in the history of the Western world.
- Egyptian pyramids
- Buddha, Confucius
- Alexander the Great
- Rise of the Roman Empire
- Birth of Jesus Christ
- Fall of the Roman Empire
- Discovery of America
- Scientific revolution
- American Revolution
- French Revolution
- Industrial Revolution
- World War I and the Russian Revolution
- World War II
- Information Age
- Collapse of the Soviet Union